Friday, August 4, 2017

Bunk bed inspiration...

I know, there's definitely something wrong with the title, right? How can any inspiration be garnered from bunks? I'm not a fan. But we're about to buy some... to go with our new people mover! I don't know if it's the lack of options, or the memories of shared rooms and siblings feet pushing up on the mattress, that really put me off, or that I still adore Eden's bedhead. But, like with the people mover, practicality and space are trumping style around here.  So, I've been reluctantly searching for some (that are tolerable) for quite some time. A couple of years back I spotted vintage cast iron ones in an Australian magazine article and presumed they'd welded a couple of old beds together, I had no idea they were ever produced like that, until I found a set on trademe. I couldn't convince my husband that no ladder, no side rail, old wire bases were actually ok though, I guess it's a good thing aesthetics don't rule his decision making! Our children will be much safer for his sensibilities. As fate would have it, a mere 3 weeks later, look what I discovered...




Mocka I love you!!!! Just look at that side rail, ladder and (checkout link) solid bar bases.  There will be no resistance to these I'm sure.

I wanted to share some more bunk inspiration with you... but I couldn't find any! Feel free to link to any you've come across though, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been on the hunt.

Sarah x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...