Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Places to see and things to do...



When Sam received her terrible diagnosis a fundraising auction was organised to help her tick off as many things as possible on her bucket list.  It was a great success, thanks in part to the generosity of many kind individuals and local businesses.  One of them was Terry, the owner of  Nice hotel, who donated a nights accommodation and breakfast, which we won on the night!  It was somewhere I'd always wanted to stay, but being due to have Ben (and fearing my waters breaking on their luxurious linens), then not wishing to take Ben (and his portacot), we only just used the voucher.  It was bliss, and somewhat surreal to wake (of our own accord) to silence, in a suite no less, thanks to their generous upgrade and to then wander through the very inspiring tropical decking (designed by Michael Mansvelt), to a breakfast I didn't have to cook myself!  So, I can now tick it off my list (which I hope to have MANY decades to complete) and move on to the next.


The flying fox, somewhat rustic, idyllic accommodation up the Whanganui river.  I read about it on my honeymoon, and spent a birthday there on our return.

Inspired by Megan's board on pinterest, which I thought was a great idea for saving ideas of places to check out on holiday, I've started my own, you can check it out here.  I'll also include some favourite places I've been too (such as the flying fox, above), if you wish to add to your own board, let me know if you have one, as it's nice to learn of places in other towns.  

Also, we have a wedding in Sydney later in the year, so any suggestions for there would be greatly appreciated, especially vintage shopping (home wares rather than clothing) and craft markets, thanks so much, I'm sure my husband will be very grateful, bahahaha....

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...