Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Creative Space

Today I thought I'd share something I made a few weeks back, at a group called SPACE, which is part of Playcentre. We start the session with singing, which the babies absolutely love, and it's fantastic to learn all those old childrens songs we've long forgotten.  We have a discussion every session, topics include feeding,sleeping(or lack of), temperament, hearing, moving etc... We then have a cuppa and a catch up with the other mums, while the kids crawl all over the mat and each other.  We also make a toy each week.  We've made drums, rattles, song cards etc... The other week we made a sock puppet.  I know it's no masterpiece, but Poppet thinks it's the bees knees!




Here is a link I found with basic directions for making your own. If you're a new mum, or would like to meet more mums, I'd highly recommend SPACE.  We love it and will be sad when it comes to an end.  We just caught up with some of the Mums and Babies for a coffee this morning, and to join the Toy Library. It's amazing, what a great selection of toys, and I can give them all back! Living in a small house, that is a big plus. 

For more creative spaces check out Kirsty's.

Sarah :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great! Things don't have to be complicated or fancy for kids to love them. The humble sock puppet is testamont to that for sure! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool thing to do with a mums group. The puppet is very cute (love the tuft of hair!), and I can imagine littlies would love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...