Friday, December 24, 2010

A birthday, road trip and Christmas....

Phew, what a busy time we're having!  It's lovely though.  Last Saturday was Poppet's first birthday, so I made her this cake....


It was a rainbow layer cake, see....


I made too much food (note the chaos in background, wish I'd taken a second to shut drawers)


We were going to have a garden party, but that was scraped due to this ongoing rain! It did clear for a spell of unbearable heat though, what is with this weather?

The next morning we loaded the car and travelled to Poppet's Aunties, for a catchup, on our way to see the cousins.  We fed ducks, played in paddling pools, at the beach, parents got to have a good catch up over some nice wine, while the kids were all tucked up.  Bliss! 

I love Christmas and being with good friends and family.  I'll be taking a break from the blog, to give them my undivided attention.  Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Years, safe travels if you're heading away.  See you back here for a crafty/thrifty/vintage 2011.

Sarah x


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...