Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Summer in the garden...

Here are some of my favourite plants in my garden at the moment.


Hollyhocks from Mum's, and larkspur


Iris


Rose from Aunty

Lavatera Barnsley


Bougainvillea


Black Taro, I love this plant, it's so dramatic. Would look great in a pot too.

We're also getting heaps of beans, our first apple cucumber last night, lettuce, snow peas, tomatoes and spring onions.  Have just put in some broc and cabbage.  I wish we had more space for fruit trees, though we do have a pear, tamarillo, lemon and feijoa.  I'd love to have plums, nectarines, peaches and apricots, yum, yum, yum.

Isn't Summer fantastic?  We're off to the Zoo today to catch up with some friends.  What a great life.

Don't forget to like my facebook page if you'd like to be in to win a pair of my baby shoes.

See you back here soon

Sarah :)

1 comment:

  1. What lovely flowers.

    There's nothing better than being able to walk out the backdoor and pick your own produce.

    We are only able to collect herbs at the moment as temp renting, but it's still fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...