Tuesday, September 27, 2011

pretty pastels and weetbix slice...




I'm really loving all the pastels on my dresser at the moment.  I found the PERFECT fifties style measuring spoons while down in Wellington last week.  They were from a retro style cafe at Paekakariki Beach, sorry I can't remember the name.  Then at the weekend we went to stay with the in laws and I visited a favourite antique shop there, Ethel Anne Antiques.  I found the gorgeous ice cream coloured Pyrex ramekins, LOVE them!  Maybe I should be brave and attempt souffles??? Nah, probably won't happen, but they do look cute on display.  

Poppet and I have just finished off the last of our weetbix slice, it's delicious.  I started off with such good intentions for her diet... now she says 'chippy' every time we drive past McDonalds, oops!  It'll probably be a first word for baby number two.  Anyway, I've photographed the recipe for you, just in case you haven't grown up with it, I'm yet to meet a kiwi that hasn't. 

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Yep, your dresser looks very pretty in pink etc at the moment Sarah...love those pale blue cups/jug with the white handles. I'm an Aussie but my Mum made the Weetbix slice for us too, must try it out to see if my kids like it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pastel colours! Your dresser looks great.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pastels on your dresser are so lovely, I have lots of pastels in my kitchen too, which my husband enjoys giving me much hassle about, so it is nice to see I am not the only one ;)
    And my little two year old says Nonalds and chippies each time we drive past the golden arches much to my shame, all things in moderation I say!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...