Thursday, August 7, 2014

We eat nude at our house...

just kidding! Well, sort of.  We're pretty normal in the way that we eat dinner, at a table, telly off (usually) and fully clothed.  I like to think we eat pretty healthy, varied dinners and that although the kids definitely have their favourites (and like to tell me so!) we do also like them to try a variety of foods.  Somewhere between washing, housework, running a business, raising kids and renovating, I seem to have lost my cooking mojo. That's when we started eating nude... well "Eat NuDe" to be precise.  For the price of a coffee, Eat Nude will provide you with five balanced dinner meals planned for you, that's 5 recipes,a categorised shopping list and fantastic tips to save you time, money and calories.  You can view a sample menu/list here.

Eat NuDe has been developed by one of my lovely cousins, Bronwyn, a dietitian passionate about making healthy meals easy, affordable and delicious.  Given her knowledge gained from years of study and experience, it seems an absolute bargain to have meals planned by a dietitian, for around $5 per week! The extra tips you get access too are also invaluable.   I personally found the portion size advice particularly helpful, as I have to confess to letting them slowly creep up, so it's great to get them in check. It's also great to print a shopping list, add (in the spaces provided) the few extras we need and head out the door for a purposeful and quick shop.  No aimless wandering, throwing in a pile of ingredients with little inspiration or insight into what they'll turn into.  Plus, if I do have two little rascals wanting to play hide and seek down the aisles, at least we're out of there fast!

Here's a snapshot of one of my favourite meal plans.  We always have leftovers for my husband to take to work, which is great, a yummy healthy lunch, that he didn't have to buy. I've made the devilled sausages so many times since this week, it's now a firmly established family favourite on the two nights we don't Eat NuDe, in fact we had it tonight.


Included in each weekly plan is the  'twofor' option, which is basically two meals with little more effort than one.  For example (we loved this) one week included a delicious chilli con carne one night, which if you chose to double, provided the base for yummy wraps the following.  

One last thing, it is fantastic for getting you to try new ingredients. Things I'd wanted to try, but didn't really know what to do with, like haloumi, Israeli couscous and quinoa are introduced and really quite simple when a recipe is provided.  I'd also never cooked brown rice and it's now all I cook, we love it.  I know it's not that exotic, but I'm a creature of habit, habits which eat NuDe will help you break!

Meal plans are emailed every friday, so get in and subscribe before midday tomorrow and have your weeks meals sorted.  Subcription always makes me think "committed", you're not.  She has a range of subscription options, including just one week, perfect for trying it out, but like me, I'm sure you'll be back.  So go on, check it and have a bit of fun getting your mojo back!

Sarah x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...