Monday, January 31, 2011

Breakfast at Tiffany's Hens Party


My lovely sister is getting married in a few weeks, so on Saturday we threw her a hens party.  She was adamant she wanted no penis straws, penis balloons, penis badges... or anything penis or tacky! So we went classy(although she did still have to wear a veil!).  She LOVES Breakfast at Tiffany's, the whole glamorous style of it and Audrey Hepburn, so we had our theme.  I did a bit of googling for ideas, and loved the idea of a New York skyline as a backdrop for photos.  I was going to do a very basic one, but Mum ended out doing it, she's an artist, so we got this masterpiece....


I had sent out the invitation, setting the tone, requesting all the ladies wore a little black dress or similar, and pearls etc... everyone made a great effort and we got some really nice photos for her to keep, to remember the night.


I also put her hair up, much to her concern.  I'd had a stint hairdressing as a teenager, but feel completely out of touch.  My sister knew this and without knowing the parties theme, was somewhat concerned as to what 90's fashion throwback she would end up with.  But the hair worked and really completed the look for her 'Audrey' photos.  I'd sourced some long gloves, a cigarette holder, and borrowed some pearls.  She looked amazing!
We all put in a small contribution to cover the cost of her evening, as with a wedding in a few weeks, funds are naturally limited.  This was given to her in a little blue box with white ribbon, of course!

It was such a great night, I can't wait for the wedding now.  Oh and the stag arrived back at ours... dressed as a caveman! Quite a stark contrast.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Sarah :)

ps.  On a completely different note.  I found this posting over at mousehouse, with another great idea for giftwrapping, old sewing patterns, love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...