Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Old school baking...




We're full of colds in our household(again), so have opted for indoors today.  To occupy poppet and satisfy my slice craving, we baked some Louise cake from my latest favourite, Gran's Kitchen.  It was a birthday present from my cousin, and has been a hit.  I love the classic, simple, and delicious recipes.  Oh, and the photos are gorgeous too, very nostalgic.  While searching for a link to where you can purchase, I discovered that there is a follow up book, Gran's kitchen table, will have to put that on next years birthday wish list.
Time for a cuppa and way too much slice... can't get enough of the coconut meringue topping mmm....

Enjoy your afternoon

Sarah

ps. heaps of variations on this recipe if you do a google search.  They seem to look a little better too, oh well, mines all about the taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...