Thursday, March 20, 2014

A quick wee project...

My knife block revamp & flowers courtesy of my kids... aww bless x

This knife set was a wedding gift from a good friend who had lived with us for a while and had been subjected to cooking with my hideous old cheap knifes.  Her set transformed my life... no seriously, they did. I've never been a fan of knife blocks in general though, wood seemed too plain with all my vintage accessories and stainless too modern.  So, feeling inspired by my punnet of shimmering gold paint (Resenes metallic range) I recently gave it a quick revamp.  I love the result and I love the gold with mint, gorgeous!


I sanded it lightly, masked it up, applied a couple of coats of shimmering gold paint, removed tape and applied a couple of coats of water based varnish and there you have, a bit of bling for my knife block.  Eden did a bit of painting as well, ditching her water colours for the much more enticing shimmering gold and some stones from the garden.

Here's the plain before shot, complete with bad lighting.

Have a lovely evening x


1 comment:

  1. The mint and gold are gorgeous... I don't own a knife block but if I did I would want it to shimmer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...